Thursday, March 12, 2009

Revoltech Hokuto no Ken #04- Jagi

Life is so busy and hectic lately so I will skip my usual lengthy but meaningless ranting.

Let me present to you Jagi from the Hokuto no Ken manga. Jagi is introduced as the third of the four adopted son of Ryuken. His background is a mystery and was never explained in the manga. Unlike his brothers, Jagi is both deceptive and evil. He viewed Hokuto Shin Ken as a tool that he can use to oppress the weak and will stop at nothing to be the successor. When Kenshiro was declared as the next successor, Jagi confronted him and tried to threaten him in forfeiting his succession. During that encounter, he was defeated by Kenshiro and was lucky to run away alive with a disfigured head as a reminder of that fateful day. He wears a helmet from there on to hide his hideous facial features.


I am a bit disappointed by the amount of parts that come with the release. Kaiyodo is really being stingy by giving us 2 extra pair of hands, a stand, and a saw-off shotgun.



Front view.


Close up on front view.


Rear view.


Close up on rear view.



What are you looking at punk!!!


I will not forgive this pain!


Look what you have done to me!!! I am going to repay you Kenshiro!!!


Close up on the head. I love those minute facial detail. Jagi is really an ugly bastard!



I will make a beehive out of you! That shotgun is a bit too short for my liking.


It does not matter as long as I win!!!


I am not the old Jagi! I know Nanto Shin Ken too!!!

The sculpting of this figure is based on the design from the Hokuto no Ken fighting game and it captures the character perfectly. The only complain I have for this figure is the less than perfect work on those shoulder spikes. On close inspection, you will find a thin line of plastic right at the center of each shoulder piece, which was not remove during the production of this figure. On top of that, Kaiyodo should not be too stingy with the goodies. Both Kenshiro and Rei came with extra gimmicks and parts while Jagi was only given a saw-off shotgun. All said and done, this is a great figure and a must have for those Hokuto fans out there. :D

3 comments:

janus lu said...

Hey bro you are really a big fan of Fist of the North Star. Although I don't collect this line, but I must admit it is a nice collection series. Btw, do you collect Revoltech Street Fighter figure also?

eehtsitna said...

I expexct nothing less for the amount of money I have to spend on this figure. :P You should watch FOTNS!!! It is one of the best anime ever!

Revoltech Street Fighter figure? As much as i would like to get my hands on some of those, it doesnt really catch my attention. They are a bit too small to my taste and not to mention that the figures doesnt resemble the Street Fighter I used to love back in those days.

janus lu said...

I read the FOTNS comic version while I was in secondary school. By that time the comic really inspire me because I just love the violence scene and the drawing skill. Till now I bet no one can beat the author in Japan. It was already a classic.
I agree with you, bro. No doubt the Revoltech SF figs is small, yet the Sota version SF and Neca SF figs show more bigger and the sculpting looks more detail. Old is classic, the new fighting games character seem lack of interesting to me now ...