Saturday, May 23, 2009

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam

It has been a while I posted anything regarding model so let me present to you Strike Gundam Version Border Patrol.

As far as the story goes. In the near future, natural resources in the world is depleting in an alarming rate mainly due to illegal extraction. The United Nation finally agrees to combat this issue by using Mobile Suits to safeguard the remaining resources. One of the MS which was brought back to earth was a decommisioned prototype Strike Gundam. Due to the nature of the assignment, it is fitted with only a pair of knife as the main weapon. On the first field test, it was noted that the deployment of the MS caused soil compaction, which may affect the regeneration of trees. Mainly because of this, the Strike Gundam is relocated to border patrol to minimize the effect of soil compaction until someone came up with a solution to counter this problem.



Front view of the model. I am trying to keep this as simple as possible.


I do not like the antler like V-fin design so I simplify it.


I sucks when it comes to posing. :P I should do something better than this next time.


Managed to install a LED into the head. It is not that obvious in this photo but it looks great in real life.

That is all for now! See you all later! :D

6 comments:

janus lu said...

Hmm...you got guts to try new colour scheme, this is good! Nice earth green issue in the story too. Good job!
Look forward more cool poses of this 'green fighter', bro. :)

eehtsitna said...

Huh? You call that guts? I called that being reckless. :P I am working in the forestry field so I thought it would be fun if I relate my hobby with my work. I am going to make more mecha using the same theme later.

Will snap more pictures with better pose when I got the time. Thanks again bro!

Evaritus Lau said...

If work in forestry field, should do some stealth effect like soldier ar.

=)

janus lu said...

Hehehe...dare to use different colour is consider got guts already, man. :P
Next time you can try combat jungle camo, just my opinion. :)
Have a nice day, bro. :)

eehtsitna said...

Evaritus Lau & Janus Lu: Initially that was my intention of applying stealth camou but when you think about it, its quite difficult to hide a 20++meter tall mecha even in a dense forest. That aside, I am still interested to give that idea a try. Perhaps I will try that on the next Strike Gundam that I will be working on in the future. :D

e2046 said...

Hello

I saw your site today. Mind if we exchange banner? my traffic is good. shoot me an email if you are ok with it.

George

my email: george@e2046.com