Monday, December 29, 2008

Revoltech Hokuto no Ken #03- Rei

I have been very very lazy lately. Despite the fact that I have a mountain of model kits to assemble and paint, I cannot find a motivation to start a project. The only thing that I have been doing during this long holiday is to play console games. Guess I might write an entry or two regarding what games I have been playing later. :D

Without further ado, let me present Rei from the Hokuto no Ken series. For those that is not familiar to the anime/manga, Rei is introduced as the second user of Nanto Shinken or to be exact, Nanto Suichoken (South Star Waterfowl Fist). He is a helldriven mercenary who has a sole purpose of finding "the man with seven scars" who he thought is the murderer and the man responsible for his sister's kidnapping. In the first arc of his introduction, Rei is hired alongside Kenshiro by Mamiya to protect her village against the Fang Clan. After Airi is found and rescued by Ken, Rei becomes Kenshiro's closest ally and supports him for a few story arcs.


The figure or Rei along with all the extra parts and gadgets.




Close up view from the front, back and side.


I am no Ultraman!






Nanto Suichoken (South Star Waterfowl Fist) is the most elegant Nanto Shinken. The practitioner is depicted as a waterfowl dancing on the water.


This is the midget from the Fang clan that comes with the figure.


Close up on the little midget.



Our little friend with the axe and the scimitar.



Ooo I forgot to mention that our friend here is a cannon fodder for Rei's Nanto Suichoken...

Overall, I love this Rei. You can pose it in whatever cool moves from the anime/manga. The only thing I would like to complain is the lack of extra heads to depict different emotion! There were time when Rei lost his cool and turn into a raging fighter. It is not too much to ask for at least 1 head showing a screaming Rei right?

3 comments:

janus lu said...

Wow! Nice Rei figure! The finishing is far nicer than the Revoltech SF, cool!
What attract me is the midget, the figure can really separate, izzit? I like it!

eehtsitna said...

You mean Revoltech Street Fighter? Lucky for me, I am not that interested with those. :P

The midget is actually made up of 3 parts. To mimic the fatal wound cause by Nanto Shinken, you only need to relocate/slide each part like what I have shown on the pic. :P

janus lu said...

I see...nice gimmick!!! So far I am only interest to the Revoltech Guile and Zangief. :)