Monday, November 24, 2008

Revoltech Hokuto no Ken #02- Member of Zeed

Hey guys! I am finally back at home after a lengthy official trip and attending Hobbycon 2008 in Kota Kinabalu. It is good to be back and let us get down to business right away!

In my previous blog entry, I wrote a simple review on Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken. In a world without order and chaos reigned, the violent-hearted form raiding parties to prey on the weak. The Zeed Group is such a party that was introduced in the first chapter of the manga/anime.


There is not much gimmicks that come with this figure.



Front and rear view of the figure.



Close up on the front and rear. I love the facial expression. :D




Hey bro!!! What happen to your head?!?



The selling point for this figure is not the articulation but explosion gimmick! First of all, separate the connector on the chest. Then switch the normal head with the exploding head which was hidden in the chest compartment.


Next flip the separated body sideway.


The viscera was superbly carved... I mean sculpted. :P How many organs can you spot?


After that, flip the piece that represent gore.



Then you have it, your personal fountain of gore and viscera. :P

There is not much you can do with this figure but I really like the exploding gimmick! Come on! You have to agree on that! :P When was the first time you saw something as cool as that? I can bet that this is one of its kind. If only I have the money and time, I will get more of these figure and build my own army of Zeed! :P

3 comments:

janus lu said...

Wah! You are really a big fan of Fist of North Star. The body explosion gimmick is really a surprise to me, if the price is fair, I might consider to get both Kenshiro and this Zeed gangter.
Nice review bro. :)

eehtsitna said...

Yo Ogre King! Yup! I am a fan of Fist of the North Star. Cant seem to get enough of it. :P I was in this comic shop in Bukit Bintang the other day (Suncomic). They are selling both Kenshiro and Zeed for Rm160 (discount price). Go grab it while the sale is still on. :P

janus lu said...

Wah! That is a nice bargain! I will try to pick some free time to go to KL again, last week I went to Low Yat but cannot go to Sg.Wang because it was raining...T_T
Next year there will be Kenshiro's great opponent - Rai-oh (right?)appear in Revoltech. Rai-oh is my favourite character too because he looks more macho than Kenshiro.