Thursday, October 16, 2008

Revoltech #052 - Lazengann

This is my first Revoltech figure from the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anime. I bought this out of curiousity to check out the superb articulation that was offered by this line of figures. I know there is no way any company will be able to come out with a model kit that will be able to rival the articulation of Revoltech. Initially, I was reluctant to touch any of these because I know it is a very dangerous. If I stepped into the figurine world, I might not be able to climb my way back to humanity. After a long time, the devil in my heart was able to convince me to buy this guy. From then on, I know I am in trouble because I am hooked. :P

Back to the figure at hand. Lazengann is a mecha from the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anime. Lazengann, which mean "Spiral Face" is Lord Genome's personal Gunman and is consider as the main antagonist for the first arc of the show.

It is very similar to Gurren Lagann in the form of weapons and abilities but is the exact opposite if you compare the structure and the build. If Gurren Lagann is consider as being stout and bulky, like a boxer, Lazengann on the other hand is slim and nimble, like a martial artist.



The front and back view of Lazengann. Overall, this figure is well painted. The only problem I have with it is that the whole body was painted black and there is no way for it to show the mucsle tone. It looks alot better after I applied some silver panel line.




Close up on the body. I have to say that Lazengann is a very unique mecha. Those muscles really gives it a very organic feel. Last I have seen an organic mecha is around 10 years ago in Evangelion. Infact, Lazengann has a striking resemblence to Eva01.


I was not impressed by the "mecha-with-a-big-face-on-the-chest" theme when I first saw an advertisement of this anime but I knew I was wrong after I watched the show. The face on the chest plays a role in conveying expression as much as the face on the head. Two heads are better than 1 after all. :P Look at that evil grin! Who would not like it?




Unlike the Gurren Lagann's focus on using large, bulky drills, the Lazengann primarily uses long, thin drills that can be used to impale its opponent.





Last but not least, some action pose. I know I need to work on my pose so bear with me for now.

So if you have not watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann yet, go get a copy of this great anime in a store near you! Not to forget that you should give this baby a try too! I can gurantee that you will not regret keeping one of this guys in your collection.

3 comments:

janus lu said...

Wow! This Lazengann did look good after you apply the silver panel line. I will try to apply some panel line when I get this babe. Welcome to the world of Revoltech, bro!

symbiotes021 said...

I have to agree with bro Ogre. The Lazengann figure looks really cool with those silver panel lines.

eehtsitna said...

Yo symbiotes021! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Yeah it looks better after the panel lining. Furthermore it helps to hide those lousy paintjob on this figures. Try it out! You guys will love it!

By the way, do you mind if I add your link to my blog?

Thanks in advance.