Monday, October 20, 2008

Revoltech #58 - Gurren Lagann Fully Drillized version

Gurren Lagann (GL) Fully Drillized version is my second Revoltech figure from the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anime. I tried my best to resist the temptation but its no use. My head is already wet so I might as well wash my hair. :P

There is too much to talk about regarding GL. To summarize it, GL, which mean "Crimson Lotus Face" is a "gattai" (combine) mecha pilot by Simon and either Kamina (first arc of the show), Rossiu (second arc of the show) and later Viral.

It is the protagonist of the show so naturally, GL is the toughest if not the strongest mecha. Some people including me will argue that GL is not really a great mecha since Gurren and Lagann are both very ancient (Lagann is as old as Lord Genome himself and Gurren is actually an old type of Gunmen inferior to Viral's Enki). What really makes Gurren Lagann so great is the gut or the spirit of the pilot that is able to create miracles out of the impossible. SRW fans will know what I mean here. :P

Spirals and drills are the main theme so naturally, GL has wide variety of drills as weapon.



Front and rear view of the GL with lots of tiny drills all over the body. If I am not mistaken, this happened during the assault on Teppelin, the stronghold of Lord Genome.



Close up on the front and rear view. Panel line was applied with enamel black paint.




Side view of GL. Although it is not as sexy as Lazengann, GL gives out a very attractive aura. I guess it is something similiar to how a masculine man tend to attract other man. :P GL is a symbol of guts and courage!!!


Getting ready to pull a punch! I definitely do not want to be on the reaching end. Those drills ARE pointy even though its plastic!


Sunglasses boomerang/sword!!! How cool is that?



And lastly the iconic "Ore no Drill wa ten no Tsukuru Drill da!" pose!!!



Review: This is another great release by Revoltech. The articulation is superb but there is alot of space for improvement especially in the paintjob. Grab this even if you are not a fan of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. You will not regret it!

Warning: I will not recommend this version of GL as a action figure for a kid. Those pointy drills are really dangerous! I bet you can hurt someone if you try to use this as a throwing object!

2 comments:

janus lu said...

Yeah! Another Revoltech figure from you, bro! Agree with you, when I pose my GL full drills version, those pointy drills really hurt my fingers!!! Nice review there.

eehtsitna said...

I really wanted to test out the lethality of this figure. Any volunteer test subject? :P