Thursday, October 2, 2008

Crest CR-C90U3

This is the first Armored Core model that I have built. For those that is not familiar with Armored Core, it is a popular third-person shooters game, in which the player pilots a large mecha called an Armored Core, or AC for short. To date, it has spanned over 6 media/console that is the Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP, Xbox 360, and mobile phone. I have not played any yet but I think I should give it a try next time. It got to be good or else it will not appear in so many consoles right? It was a refreshing experience building a Kotobukiya kit. Every inch of this kit is covered with detail and it took me quite awhile to paint all of them.

The ID for this kit is Crest CR-90U3. It was based on the ID of the core unit which was manufactured by a company called CREST Ind in the AC universe. There are actually alot of information regarding this kit in the manual but who is going to be interested with all those boring facts? Without further ado, let me present to you the Crest CR-C90U3.



Front and back view



Side view.





Some close up shots.


Look at all this detail on the arm unit!


The YWH16HR-PYTHON manufactured by MIRAGE. (quote: Manual)




Lastly, some action pose. You want a piece of this babe?

5 comments:

janus lu said...

Wow! Nice job buddy. Although I am not AC fan, but I love your work. Keep it up!

eehtsitna said...

So kind of you to drop by! Really appreciate it. I was about to think that no one actually visit my blog and its a waste of effort to update it. :P

You should give AC a try! Its fun! :P

janus lu said...

Hohoho...actually I visit your blog everyday, bro. I always like to see ppl new update in their blog, it is an enjoyable thing. Can look look, share share & get some new idea from other ppl works.
Although the AC kit is a bit expensive if compare with the Gundam kit, but I think I will try to pick my favourite AC kit to built someday. Now holiday end, got to back to busy life again...T_T

eehtsitna said...

Thanks again for the encouragement! Those AC kit arent really that expensive. It was expensive a few years back when it was first introduced but the price has dipped to close to yen price recently. This might be caused by the low demand for it so it is quite affordable nowaday. Thats true in the case of the older kits.

I am going to take a vacation off from modelling for the time being. Going to give those figures a try! :P

chrismandesign said...

yup... nice work, i hav 2 AC waiting 2 b assembled (CR-Hogire & Fox Eye) but i need 2 get some gundam markers (in d place i live is too difficult to find’em...) i hav some gunplas, SRW (super robot wars), patlabor & keroros waiting too... is really good to see colleagues’ works from all over the world... care 2 visit my blog http://chrismandesign.blogspot.com/ so we can go together in this hobbie... =) cheers from Colombia