Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Revoltech #60 - Enki

Sorry for the lack of updates guys! We are heading towards the end of the year and everyone is trying to complete all their work intended for this year. The same goes to me, I am struggling to get as much work done as possible before taking my leaves. I have alot of abandoned "project" back at home that needs my further attention. =P

Before all that, here is a little something for Revoltech Enki.

Enki is Viral's personal Gunman, which resemble a white armored samurai. Based on Sumerian myths, Enki is the god of water, wisdom and creation. Even though Enki was a god, the myth depicts him of anything near perfect. The same goes to Viral's Enki. Although Enki is the product of significant innovation in Gunmen technology compare to Gurren and Lagann, it has it's flaws. It does not run on spiral energy and that is the reason why Gurren Lagann is able to best it in battle again and again.

Unlike stout Gunmen, Enki was build with agility in mind. It is more segmented and has multiple joints that allow it to perform complex actions, such as throws, kicks, and various martial arts techniques. It has quite a number of hidden projectile (mostly missiles) that is conceal under the arms, thighs, shoulders and chest plates. Enki also possesses a wrist mounted concave blast-shield, and a helmet with a large black ring atop of it, that is actually the charging focus for a medium-range particle beam cannon. Despite all that, Viral prefer to use Enki's katana to slice and dice his enemies.


All the accessories that came with Revoltech Enki.



Front and rear view of Enki. Enamel paint was applied to bring out those panel lines.




What is a samurai without a katana?


Waiting for an opening to draw the katana.


There are so many cool pose you can do with those katana!



I borrow this pose from a character from Samurai X. Can you guess who uses this katana stance? :P



I am a martial artist!!! The water crane stance!!!



All the concealed missiles on the shoulder and chest ready to be fired!


The broken black ring on top of the helmet thanks to Simon and Kamina.

Overall, I have more fun with Enki compared to Gurren Lagann or Lazengann. The main reason is that it comes with a pair of katanas. On top of that, the articulation is superb. I am able to pose numerous samurai stance with Enki and the only thing that limits me is my own creativity! My only complain for this figure is the arm design. The way the arm is at the moment limits the degree of movement to the front of the chest. The only way to fix this is to cut out the extra part. I hope Kaiyodo will fixed this in their future release in Enkidu and perhaps Enkidudu. Who knows they might give out extra improved hands for Enki. =P We can always hope for the best right?

3 comments:

janus lu said...

I love Enki before I watch the Guren Lagann animation, after I watch this cool anime, I love it more than before, because the samurai style design looks pretty cool! I must get this Enki!!!
Nice photo, bro.

eehtsitna said...

Yup I am a samurai fanatic too! :P Go grab this bro! It is worth it! :D

janus lu said...

Sure man.