Saturday, March 27, 2010

Taiwan Trip Part 2

Day 1 (25th March 2010)

I was half conscious half asleep all the time while I was in the airport. The bench is not as bad as everyone assume and the environment was serene in the early morning but it gets a bit noisy sometime around 0300 when people started to flock into the airport. Like it or not, I will have to wake up and get myself prepared for the day. Somehow, I managed to stumble into the departing hall in my pitiful condition and meet up with Pr. Fung before the flight. The trip took approximately 3 hours. Fortunately for me, I spend most of the time sleeping in the plane so it’s not as boring as it seems.

The plane touched down on Taoyuan International Airport at around 0930. The first thing that caught my attention is the weather. Although it was suppose to be Spring at the moment, the weather was exceptionally cold. Sixteen degree Celsius! That’s colder that the air condition in my office! Both Pr. Fung and me waited for another 20mins or so before the representative from Taichung church pick us up with Dn. Andrew Chu from Australia. It was another 2 hours plus trip to Taichung church from the airport.

We were given a warm welcome by our fellow brothers and sisters when we arrived at Taichung. We felt that we were at home although we are foreigners in a foreign land. We were given a brief introduction regarding the programme of the symposium before calling it a day.

No comments: