Sunday, January 1, 2012

See ya 2011! Welcome 2012!

Time does fly. We are once again in the beginning of a new year and what better time than present to look back into 2011 for a little bit of reminiscence.

2011 was a busy year for me. I have managed to keep this blog alive by posting 31 entry which is an increase of around 55% compare to the previous year. If times permit, I will keep up with this achievement or even set a new record for year 2012. My new target is a new post for every week. That will translate to around 50 post by the end of the year.

Regrettably, I have been slacking in terms of my model kit production. As of the end of 2011, I have managed to complete only 2 kits, both of them VF-25 from the Macross Frontier series, leaving a bunch of half-build kits on pending status. I would have to revisit my backlog again this year. Not trying to be too ambitious so I will aim to complete at least 3 kits this year.

In terms of reading, I have managed to read at least 5 novels. Most of them were books which I have bought a few years back. Some were borrowed from a friend (Thanks Reuben!) of mine who share the same passion with me. At the moment, I have another 2 books which needs reading and I am still waiting for a book from bookdepository. Hope to keep up with this reading habits for this new year.

And as for spending on new collectibles or gadgets. All in all, I do not think I actually spend much on those this year. I have been restraining myself from buying any model kits lately but I have bought a number of figures such as the Jetwing Prime, Warmachine, X, Zero, Gaogaigar, and Shaina just to name a few. I think it was around 1 figure a month. As for gadgets, I have bought myself an Ipad 2. I have to agree that this is a piece of a neat technology. Still exploring the potential of this awesome gadget. I do not foresee myself buying a lot of figures (there are not a lot of future release which catches my attention) but I am actually looking forward to get myself a PS Vita. Still pondering about it but I will most likely made my decision before I leave for Hong Kong.

Last but not least. I have traveled to India in 2011. It was the most enjoyable outdoor trip to date. I will definitely write an entry on that trip soon.

Oh my, what have I done! I should excuse myself now before this gets too lengthy. So until then, Happy New Year to you all out there. :D

No comments: