Sunday, January 29, 2012

To The Himalayans!

I will never claimed myself as an adventurous type but one thing for sure is that I love the outdoor and strangely enough, love to go hiking despite my size and weight. So on the 9th of November 2011, me along with another 7 hikers took a flight to India for one of the toughest trekking trip of our life to-date.

The environment were harsh on us all. The pollution in the southern suburb area or to be more precise, the city of Kolkata was bad. Makes me wonder what is the exact air pollution index when we are there. The noise pollution was as bad too. A few of my friends and colleagues were wondering what was I thinking when I told them I was going to India. To them, India was one of the less favorable country so i guess they have their point.

Not planning to go on detail because it was a long trip and not to mention that I forgot most of it. We used most of our time traveling by road and did our share of walking for hours on a daily basis. Altogether, we walked for around 80 kilometer during the whole trip. It was exhausting but at the end it was all worth it.

Do not want to sound too long-winded so here are some hand-picked photos on the final stretch of our trip.























You should check this and this out if you are interested to know a little more about the trip. That is all for now. We are going to return to our usual hobby related post after this. Do stay tune. =D

No comments: